Friday, September 17, 2010

Chapter 9

That was bizarre! How many times in your life can you say I've went to another planet and realized that was my home. I'm not a normal girl who is invisible at school I'm so much more. I shouldn't get too full of myself, but wonders never cease do they?
Anyways, now that I'm back home, time to go back to being a normal kid. Meaning doing homework, studying for SATs and what not.
"Can you please do my homework just today? I have something I need to do," Sav asks. Before I can reply, she hurries out of the pool and goes to change. I'm not going to do her homework, she won't be able to keep up with the amount of work later. I guess she'll just have to deal with it later.
But right now I would like to get out of the boiling hot pool room. At least now I know why I hate it so much.
I hurry into my room and pick up my bag. I feel tense, like something bad is happening.
Its probably just because of the burning pool room.
20 minutes, I'm done with algebra. 10, done with English. 15 each for history and science. The way it is everyday. Now I think I'll do an extra credit science project.
I finish it up quickly so I can just bed lie on the bed and think about everything that happened. The weird things at school, like my room for French feeling hot, my swimming improvement. And for Sav, the boiling hot water, the melted snowball (now that I think of it, that was kind of funny), and the anger I always feel coming from her. I always thought that fire seemed like a very angry being. And now I got my justification.
I wonder how Sav is taking this. Maybe I should go see how she's doing. But she left, and maybe she doesn't want me around. Nothing I can do about that I guess .
What can I do now? I look over at my desk from where I'm sitting on the bed. There is a pile of books sitting there. Maybe I should read one of those. Oh, wait. I already finished them last week. I guess I could go to the library for a few minutes to get a couple of books.
I head downstairs to the garage and walk next door, where the driver lives. After he opens the door and I ask him if he can take me to the library.
"Sure." He's always been nice to me. But he sees something in Sav that I obviously don't. Maybe this is my chance to get it out of him. Plus, he likes me, so he might tell me.
We get in the car and I start the conversation. "So, do you like working for us?"
"I guess, yeah. Why?"
"Just wondering. Sav will probably be providing the money the money to pay you later." I add, trying to bring Sav into the conversation.
"Why? You are the smart one. She knows nothing." He obviously doesn't like her. I know it seems like something anyone can say, but it's really simple to sense how people feel just by listening to their tone.
"Well, she has power. She can lead people well. She can easily become an owner of a company."
He thinks for a while. Finally he says, "That's the problem isn't it? Sh-" He cuts himself off suddenly as if he isn't supposed to say whatever he was going to.
"What?" I ask quietly. "What do you want to say?"
"I-I'm sorry. I can't say anything."
"But you can tell me. You trust me, don't you?"
"But you're her sister."
A wave of rage suddenly washes over me. "You will tell! I need to know what you have against my sister!"
Well, he obviously got scared, because now he is quivering. Is water really that scary to some? Is Sav afraid?
"Okay, I'll tell you. She has power, and she knows it. She can be very dangerous, whether she wants to or not. She thinks she does no wrong, but she will be a danger to many, possibly even you."
What!? He can't be possibly saying that Sav is evil! Savannah wouldn't, she can nag, but that's not the same as being evil. "That isn't true!" I suddenly feel cold all over. And stronger. Suddenly thunder booms in the sky. I look up. I suddenly feel hard raindrops on my head. I relax a bit, getting soothed by the cool water on my skin.
Windel appears next to me in the stopped car. "Hi, Aqua." I look at myself. Have I become Aqua? Wow, I've changed. How could I have gotten so angry so angry?
"How did you get here?" I ask.
"I learned the spell. And I used my wind to blow the thundering clouds here much faster. Like a month faster. I sensed your anger and your wanting of revenge and I thought I'd help you out"
"How do you know how to do so much already? I don't."
"Ethan taught me." Windel smiles. I look at him more closely. He seems like a calm, quiet boy who is quite sensible. Not like a naughty 7 year old who tries his best not to let me do my homework.
"You don't seem like Sam." I say.
"That's 'cuz I'm not. Ethan told me that once you accept that you are not who you are on Earth, you start rising to who you actually are."
"Okay, Windel. Let's go home now." I wrap my arm around him and teleport myself home.

*          *         *

I open my eyes in the morning of the next day. Oh right,I have school today. You know I have other things against school like any other kid, but for me school is a bit more like a utopia a get away    What are my after school activities for today? Oh, right. I have a training session with Old Lady in Emerald. Memories decide to flood through my brain like water filling up. Maybe I should go and check if Sav is up. I quickly change my clothes and head out the door and into the bright hallway. Sav's room is right next door. "Sav, you up yet?" I call. 
"No!" I hear the reply.
I walk in. "Sav,  you have to go get ready. I know you don't like school, and you didn't do your homework, but you still have to go."
I leave. Maybe since I'm already ready I'll walk to school. It's fun walking in the snow.
Sigh. As much as I enjoy doing this, I wish something more interesting would happen.
Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I see someone running like they don't want to be seen. The next second, he's gone. It looked oddly like Spencer. Maybe I should go see what it is.
I start after the figure(who I'm just going to call Spencer) at a brisk walk. When I don't see him, I begin to run.
I don't see Spencer anywhere, and just about give up once I reach an empty clearing. I turn around a few times, to make sure he isn't there, then turn to leave. Oh, no. I shouldn't have turned around. I don't know where to go!
Maybe I should take a path out of here and ask someone I meet which is the way to go.
But I have to get to school and they won't like it if I say I got lost in the woods. Maybe I should sit down and think things through a little more.
Maybe I should use the spell to get out! No, what if they don't like it? Perhaps I'm not allowed to use magic out of Emerald. I should think of something else.
Once I'm sure there isn't much else I can do, I just say the spell and end up in school. I suddenly realize I should have teleported to some corner in school where no one would see me. Scanning the hall for anyone who might have noticed, I see Sav and Eric staring at me. They both seem to be lost in their own thoughts, but their gazes are fixed right at me. Sav looks away and catches up to her friends and flock, meanwhile I take a minute to note down everything that's happening today.
I'm in the middle of doing that, when Eric walks up to me.
"Hi, uh," He pauses, as if trying to remember my name. "Sabrina. I was just wondering if you go someplace special right after school."
"Huh?" I ask.
"What do you do in your free time?"
"Why would I tell you what I do in my free time?"
"How about..."
"I'm not saying for Sav, either. Besides, I don't know what she's up to." I immediately think of what Driver said about she being evil.
I see Sav say bye to her friends and then walk over to me. To my relief, Eric goes away.
"What in the world was that  about?" Sav asks me.
"I think he knows." I say. I'm quiet because I'm not sure what else to think of this.
"About what?"
"About Emerald."

No comments:

Post a Comment