Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chapter 11

"What?!" She exclaims.
"I don't know, Sav. But I can tell he knows."
"Maybe we should talk to Ethan or Old Lady."
"You think they'll know what's going on?" I feel myself raise my eyebrow. Well, I don't have a reason not to.
"I'm pretty sure," she says. She seems upset that I questioned her.
I look at her face a little more, deep in thoughts. I don't even realize that I'm looking at her. She can't be evil. She doesn't have a clue even about danger. Of course, that can lead others to danger. I have to make sure she doesn't become a bad person. I'll have to watch her carefully.
And with that thought fresh in my mind, I turn to leave for my first class.

I'm leaving school myself today, I don't feel like walking with my friends. Like I said many times before, being alone gives a sense of something you don't get anywhere else. It also gives you time to think about your problems, when you are overwhelmed by them.
Right now, I kind of am.
I remember how, just a few days ago, Sav came and asked me for my French notes. Then, later, we went to Emerald for the first time. I relied so much on her then, and we were so cool with each other. Why does everything have to be different?
I relied on her then, now I don't even know if I can trust her. She's done nothing to break my trust but the driver has.
I have a feeling Sav isn't going to wait for me today. Maybe I should call Driver and let him know I'll be walking today.
I go to the shop anyway, after I call him, because maybe Sav will be there. I can't rely on feelings, I need to rely on proof, and truth.
Sav isn't there. I guess I was right. But I'm not going to trust my feelings anyway.
As I walk home, I think of what happened in the woods today. Am I in trouble? I hope not. But what was going on, anyway? Why was Ethan running into those woods, and how could he disappear so suddenly? Never mind, I know how he could disappear suddenly, but I still don't get why.
Suddenly, Old Lady appears in front of me. "Hello, Sabrina," she says in respect (why?), ""I believe you are thinking about what happened today on your walk to school?"
I just stand there, slightly bewildered.
She goes on. "I wanted to come to you earlier, but you had to go to school. That was a test, to see if you would know how to react in that type of situation." She looks uncertain for a moment. "You passed." She teleports away.
So that was Ethan running to get my attention and make me lose my way to school? Wow.


As I open the door back home, I see Fira sitting on the couch. "Why didn't you wait for me?"
She looks away. "I forgot. Let's go to Emerald now."
"They have to call us, remember? How about we start our homework until then?"
"How is she going to call us? Did she say? No. Fine, you can stay. But I'm going now." She goes away, mad at me for some reason. I don't get what I did wrong! "Elevatistransportatisanywheris-"She stops, and I wonder if she's changed her mind. I hope she does. "trainingcenter," she concludes. 
Well, that was smart of her. I was just going to say Emerald and walk there again. And I guess, she isn't entirely mad at me, because she said the spell in front of me, obviously meaning for me to hear her.
But she's just a 15 year old girl. She might have just forgotten that she shouldn't say in front of me if she didn't want to give me any favors.
I start on my homework, but those details are kind of boring. So while I'm doing that, I suddenly think, how exactly is Old Lady going to call us? I decide to go, just to find out what the call is, to go there.
I think these are some things I should probably know.
So I teleprot to trainingcenter and just as I get there, I see Fira asking if I had the test yet. I'm surprised she knows about the tests. "You know about the test?"
"I had mine before you." I look at her, and all my misgivings flood over me again. Can I really trust her? She looks at me, almost as if she knows what I'm thinking, and I look down. Does she know what I'm thinking about? Is that why she's so mad at me?
We do some boring training exercises that I don't feel like explaining, except that it is really hard.
Then we go home and do our homework. Well, I do. Not Sav. Instead, she goes to some other corner of the house. Well, mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment