Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chapter 13

Well, the next morning is a school day of course, and though our whole lives have changed, it's not like school will change, too. So, most likely it will be a normal school day. 
Thankfully.
I hope I can just study today without having to think of anything else, such as Emerald. Well, I guess Eric will be at school, but most likely I think he'll just avoid me. I mean why, even if he knows about Emerald, would he come and talk to me more than once. If he does, though, I'll admit that I don't know a thing about popularity. Which I don't care about anyway.
I quickly get ready and walk towards the exit. But as I do, I see Savannah trudge out the door, as if she didn't want to. Well, she never wants to, so oh well. But the problem is that she is the main reason that I can't have a single normal day at school. Not even once now, can I feel normal.
Maybe I can convince her to talk with me and then I can find out what's bothering her so much. Although I have a feeling I already know.
I see Sav stretch out. She looks happy in the sun.
"Hi, Sav," I say, coolly walking up to her.

"Hi," she says. Oh, I hope she doesn't run away. "I should go." 
"Oh, I was thinking since the sun's out, we could walk together to school now. You could meet your friends after." Maybe that will make her realize she can't get away.
She doesn't look happy. She looks as if she would like to just scream and run away. "It's okay. We can go separately."
She begins to go next door. By the tense way she is walking, I can tell, she is trying to get rid of me.
"No, Sav. Whichever way you go, I'm coming with you." I catch her arm before she can get away.
"Fine," she say. "Let's walk." 
"Okay," I says, suddenly cheerful.
Ugh.
We walk about halfway to school when she starts talking. "Sav, why are you always alone these days?"

No comments:

Post a Comment