Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chapter 1

Swimming is the one sport I'm not good at. I've tried so many times, again, and again, and again. And Sabrina, my sister, who is not at all into sports, isn't even strong, has never learned the strokes, is suddenly great at swimming; she swims like a pro. But I, Sav, will not let myself be shown up by anyone else, so I am never going to swim in front of anyone else. But I will in our indoor pool in our mansion. But the weird thing is, I'm faster in warm water. I've heard the the pools are always freezing so that you can swim faster, but I usually turn it up to boiling hot, and I can swim faster than my identical smarty-pants sister.
Tell me any other sport though, and I am the best.
Well, today is just another normal day at school. I walk around in the halls, with my group following behind me, and everyone is staring at me. I wear the cutest clothes in school, I wear the best make-up, (my sister doesn't even wear any, though I keep insisting she should), and well, basically I am the most popular girl in school. I even over power the 12th graders, even though I am just a 9th. A ton of boys have a crush on me, but whatever.
I'm not looking as fabulous as usual though. I'm a bit scared. Today is the French Final... I would have switched with Sabrina, because, well, we're identical, but she really doesn't want to. Also, she isn't as used to being popular as I am, and she won't wear makeup, and she doesn't like my clothes. She's her own person, I guess. But still, who doesn't like my clothes? Okay, I don't wear these clothes to be popular, I'm my own person too. I started wearing them because I liked them, and suddenly, everyone loves me.
Oh, BTW, my real name is Savannah. Ugh. Too formal.
I don't exactly get the best grades, though. Sabrina keeps saying I should try, if she's smart, well we must have about the same brains, so I should try too. I always shrug her off. So today I am going to go to the smartest person in class, which just happens to be my sister, and I am going to ask for some tips.
I walk up to her at lunch. "Uhhh, Sabrina?"
"Yeah?
"Well, you know there's that French thing today, so..."
"Here you go."
She gives me her French notes to study on.
"Thanks," I say, and walk away. Yeah... we aren't so warm with each other at school.

*        *       *

"So, class. I assume you've all studied for today's big semester French Final," my French teacher says. Great, everyone says yes. Sabrina is lucky, she doesn't have to take hers yet. She's in P.E. I wish I could be there. I'm sure she'd be overjoyed to be here.And I'd be there. But no, she just won't switch.
I wonder why I didn't go to her about the notes last night. I might do a lot better if I did.
The teacher passed out the papers. Wow this is a thick packet. Oh, come on! Why am I so freaked out? I'll just do the normal incredibly neat handwriting which makes the teacher like me more. She doesn't give me a higher grade or anything, but I'll have better chances of getting in a good French class next year.
Okay, the test is starting...

*        *        *

Wow, I'm the first one done. Hmm, maybe I should always study right before the test, then everything is fresh in my head. Now I can do my homework for the art class, which is next period. Teacher said draw something magical. Maybe I should do something about fire. I love it. I can just stare at it and do some kind of meditation. I'll draw fire shooting out of a girl's hands. The girl would have fiery red hair and coal black eyes...
Riiiiing. The alarm for the end of period just went off. I had finished drawing and coloring a while ago, and I was just adding some extra details that makes it better. Now, I'm getting my things and rushing to my locker, hoping to catch Sabrina and tell her the info on what I think of my French Final, like how well I think I did. She always makes me tell her for finals, otherwise I wouldn't even approach her at school, in front of everyone.
Good, I catch her.  She frantically explains to me something and I'm like what? Finally she just says, "I think you'll do okay, Savannah."
"OKAY, OKAY! What does okay mean!
She says something else and just walks away.

1 comment:

  1. It isn't exactly complete yet, but I wasn't sure what to write next, so if you have an idea, the comment it.

    ReplyDelete