Friday, August 6, 2010

Chapter 4

Amber and Sara are my best friends, who always walk home with me from school. At least until we reach the neighborhood park.
"Watch out, there's a car." We end look just like across the street to the park.
"Hey why don't we hang out here for a while?" Sara suggests.
Can't," I say. "My sister, remember?"
"Oh, yeah. You know, it's hard to believe that your identical twin sister is the most popular girl in school."
"Well its true, if I wanted to I could put on makeup and look just like her I can, but whats the point?" I just shrug. They are more into these kinds of things. Like I said, being alone is fine with me."Well, anyway, I better go. Bye!"
"See you!" They both say.
I hurry on to the next block. The shop is packed. How am I supposed to find Sav in there? Hopefully she hasn't reached yet. Once I scan the shop a little, I see Sav talking with the shopkeeper.
"Sav!" I call out to her. She responds, but I don't hear what she says.
A second later she comes out and we start walking.
"So home? Or should we go shopping?" She asks. She knows my answer.
"Home."
"Shopping it is." Sav concludes.
We go over to a lousy looking makeup shop.
"Maybe I should wait outside..." I trail off seeing the look on Sav's face.
"Nope!" She drags me in.
"I know you don't want to wear makeup, but can you please let me try it on you just once at home? Please?" Sav is just trying and trying to get me to be more cool. But still, I could just let her do it once and never again. It would be interesting to see how I look. Oh wait, never mind. Just like Sav. Ugh.
I'm thinking about all the homework I have and don't even bother to see what Sav is picking out. Finally, when she's done, I check and see what it is. Wow. That is a lot.
"Uhh, do I really need all of that?" I say, crossing my fingers.
"You want more?" She says in a low voice.
"No, " I sigh. You know I don't even care about this but if I deny, Sav will start nagging me for weeks until I try on some makeup, but whatever if she pays I'm fine. 
We walk over to the checkout counter and pay for all of the makeup that I'm only going to wear once. Then we walk out of the store (finally) and start walking home.


 "Really? I was about to say that this is the most pleasant I've ever felt the snow. It feels like everything is so perfect."
"You got to be kidding me," Sav says. "Oh, I know how to warm up! Let's have a snowball fight while we wait." I guess one snowball fight wouldn't hurt.
"Okay..."
Seconds later, we're flinging snowballs at each other.  Of course, in the beginning Sav overpowers me, but then its like I know what to do; all of my snowballs are perfectly shaped, my aim is perfect, and I am so much faster.
We both suddenly stopped, amazed at my new abilities.
"Umm Sabrina? Have you been really practicing?"
"No, not one bit."
"Oh well, lets keep playing."
This is so much fun! If this keeps up, then I could play forever.  "Sure!" I say happily.
I watch as Sav picks up her next snowball. I'm shocked as I see the snowball she has in her hand disappear. I bend down to pick up another snowball, and when I do, it stays perfectly intact.
"Uhh, okay? This is weird," Sav says.
"Yeah." I say,"Maybe you have a fever, that could be the reason the snow was cold for you."This is of course impossible, if she hot enough to melt snow she'll burn her own skin  I go over and touch her forehead.
Sav goes on," But that doesn't explain why the snow is pleasant for you. Snow isn't pleasant for anyone!"
"Well, I don't know about that, but you definitely have a fever."
"No! It's just because your hands are frozen."
"Savannah-"
"Don't call me that."
"Sav, touch my forehead and see. Is it as cold as yours?"
"Uhh, no, "she says, looking confused.
Aww there's the car, and the fun just started. I'm starting to love the snow,and water, and the ice, and the rain. Not that I didn't like them before, but I didn't pay much attention to them, they we're kind of just there. And for Sav, for the 15 years I've lived with her she has never melted a snowball. And since when was I good at anything athletic? And since when.....Wait a second, is that Spencer driving the car?
"Spencer, why are you here? Go away." Sav says irritably.
I give her a look."Spencer," I say, "Sav has a fever."
"Yes she does, not anything else." Spencer says.
Hmm strange response, but whatever, strange things have been happening today anyways. Why can't all strange things have an explanation.
"No! I'm sure I do not have a fever. It doesn't explain why I melted a snowball. Or why the snow is pleasant for Sabrina. Or why Sabrina said today, as she told me, that the French room was hot today."
Uhh. I'm not sure what to say. Anyway, your weirdo little brother is sitting at home asking for you, Sabrina." He's your little brother too, Spencer.

"Sure, just hurry up," I say.
"And Savannah?" Spencer always calls Sav that. I guess she's given up on Spencer.
"What?" she says. She is definitely in a bad mood
"The cat is asking for you," he says as we pull up in the garage.
"Whatever, weirdo," Sav say as she get out of the car and walk into the house. I guess Sav doesn't enjoy snow as much as I do. So alike yet so different.
"Hey, wait you guys."
I turn around,"What Spencer?" Sav, of course, just keeps walking.
"Uhh, well, I'll be right back, and then I need to have a talk with you and your sister in ten. Where will you be? Never mind, I'll figure out." 
"Fine. Sure," I say. Things always become stranger before they become normal. I start running to catch up to Savannah.
"Spencer wants to talk with us in ten minutes. Where will we be?"
"In the pool," Sav responds. She was starting to look alot more calm.
"What! I can't get in there, and Spencer needs to talk to both of us!" At the mention of Spencer's name she got all tense again
"Stand at the side then."
"Okay..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment