Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chapter 5

Sav is swimming fast laps in the pool, happy now that she is in nice, hot water. Sabrina... is standing to the side, looking uncomfortable because of the heat all around the room.
 "Uh, Sav?" Sabrina asks.
 "Yeah?" Sav responds to her while lazily backstoking.
 "Don't you think it's a bit weird?" Sabrina says," All of the things that happened today and on top of that Spencer wants to talk to us?" 
 "Yeah," Sav says, not paying much attention. She is too happy to really care.
 Sabrina gives out a loud sigh.
 Just then, Spencer walks in with Sam behind him.
 "Savannah, listen. You too, Sabrina and Sam." Spencer pauses, probably wondering what to say. "Okay, first of all, you are not humans."
"Yeah, right." Sav says.
 "This is some kind of joke isn't it," says Sabrina folding her arms . 
 "No!" Spencer protests. "My real name is Ethan. Yours are Fira, Aqua, and Windel!"
 "How can you think of so many lies at once, and how come Sam is being pulled into this?" Sabrina says.
 "It isn't a lie. Okay, listen. There is a planet called Emerald. It is in a completely different place. You are from there." Spencer tries desperatly to explain before they stop listening. "Our parents aren't our real parents. Our real parents are the rulers of Emerald."
 "Why should we even listen to all your lies?" Sav asks. "I might as well start swimming again." Sav is about to leave the wall and go down in the water.
 "Spencer I am tired of this trick I wanna go downstairs and watch T.V." Sam cried. 
 "No! Everyone's staying here until you believe me!" Spencer says.
 "C'mon play the trick on us two if you want but let Sam go and watch T.V." Sabrina said. 
 Spencer thought," They'll never believe me at this rate, they need real proof." He sighed.
"Spencer, I'm waiting. i'll give you 10 seconds to do something or I'm leaving." Sav says because she is getting irritated.
 "Okay, okay! Hold on!" Spencer thinks and gets an idea
  "10, 9, 8, 7, 6," Sarina counted. 
 "Sabrina, you felt hot in your French class at first, right?" Spencer says.
 "Yessss," Sabrina says uncertainly
 "That was because you are from Emerald." Spencer says. "I'll explain more after a minute."
 "So what you are saying," Sav says, "is that if you are from Emerald you feel hot in French? Because I didn't."
 "No!"
 " I don't even have French!" Sam cried getting more irritated by the minute 
 "No! Anyway, Savannah, you melted a snowball, right?"
 "Yeah, why 
"That is because you are from Emerald."
 "And Sam, today you were feeling like there should be a breeze, right?" Spencer went on so no one could protest.
 "So basically, if we feel anything different that's against nature,we're from Emerald, right," Sabrina concludes 
 "No. Most Emerald citzens don't have these powers.
 Sav looks confused. "How did powers come into this?"
 "That's the thing. You all have powers. Fire, water, and wind." Spencer gets to the point finally. "Can you guys guess who has what power based on what happened today?
 "I'm fire..." Sav says thoughtfully. That is why I melted a snowball and have a high temperature. but i still don't believe this."
 Sam suddenly looked interested,"I'm wind, right Spencer?" 
 "Yes."
 "So I am water, that explains a lot," Sabrina says,"like my swimming and how the French room was so hot." 
 "Yes!" Spencer said, getting excited.
 "Okay, but what is your power?" Sav asks.
 "Ya, what about you?" Sabrina asked
 "I, am Earth. I have all the powers. Fire, water, wind, and some more earth stuff that has nothing to do with those." Spencer says finally.
 "Luucckkkyy!" Sam says looking up at Spencer.
 "Uhhh." Spencer says, unsure of how to react to that.
 "Well, I still don't believe it. I mean, there is no such thing as powers." Sav says, a bit upset.
 "I can show you actual proof." Spencer says.
 "Ok, then show the proof," Sabrina insisted. 
 "There is a spell you have to say to get there. Here I'll write it down on a paper for you two. Sam is to young now to learn the spell, so hold on to me."
 Sabrina rushed out of the room and returned with a pad of paper and a pencil.
 "Okay, ready"
 "No,I will write it for you." Spencer says and takes it.
 "Here." Spencer says and gives it back.
 "Okay," Sav says while looking at it.
 "Elevatistransportatisanywherisemerald, what!?" Sabrina says.
 "Oh, and while saying it do an arm movement like this. Just try!" Spencer added, seeing the look on their faces.
 They all said the spell and actually ended up in a different place!
 Sam rubbed his eyes,"Where are we?"
 "We are in Emerald." Ethan replied.
"Uh, why do you look like that?" Sav asked.
 "Look at yourself, Fira. And you too, Aqua, Windel."

No comments:

Post a Comment