Friday, August 6, 2010

Chapter 3

I start walking home with my friends, Vanessa and Natalie, or Van and Nat. We always walk until Nat's house and then Van and I split up to go home. Sabrina always walks home with a few of her friends and once they split up, Sabrina and I walk home together. Our place is the farthest because we're rich and live in a pretty mansion which (of course) can't fit closer to school.
"Bye Van, Nat!" I call out to them. "See you at school tomorrow." I go to the next street corner and go into a shop. If Sabrina is there first, she goes and waits for me. If I'm there first I go and wait for her. You know some people would be weirdos and like make that a race or something where they try to beat the other person. Well, like I said, those people are weirdos.
Hmm, Sabrina isn't there. I go and talk to the shopkeeper, who we know pretty well, since we come there everyday after school.
"Hey, Sav!" Oh, guess Sabrina's here.
"Yeah, I'm coming." I say bye to the shopkeeper and hurry out.
"So, to home? Or you want to shop a bit?"
"Maybe we should go home and work on our homework," Sabrina suggests.
"To shopping it is."
I laugh when Sabrina groans.
We go over to a shop with the most and best makeup ever. I look over at Sabrina and can already see the horrified look on her face. I'm amused, because, well, it's fun annoying people, especially a sibling. of course, being mean to them is another thing only weirdos do.
"Maybe I should wait outside..." She really doesn't like this shop.
"Nope!" I say and hold her hand and rush in."Okay, I know you don't want to wear makeup, but at home will you please let me try some on you? Please?"
"Fine," she says with a grumpy look on her face.
I get some gray and mauve eyeshadow to go with her hazel eyes and dark blond hair. I get some of the best mineral powder and red blush. And I get orangish lip gloss for her slightly tanned skin.
I want to try some new colors, so I get the pinkest mineral blush for myself and really light pink lip gloss and light sparkly green eyeshadow.
Sabrina looks even more horrified. Good.
"Uhhh, do I really need all this?" She is really trying to get rid of this.
"Do you want more?" I threaten her.
"No," she sighs.
We go over to the checkout counter and pay.

Soon we're almost home. But this part of the snowy landscape is very  difficult to walk through, so as usual we wait for our driver to come over and pick us up.
"Brr. This is the coldest I've ever felt the snow." I am really incredibly freezing at the moment. But what Sabrina says next is surprising. I mean who would think this in such weather?
"Really? I was about to say that this is the most pleasant I've felt the snow. It feels like everything is so perfect."
"You got to be kidding me. Oh, I know how to warm up! Let's have a snowball fight while we wait." I would be really happy to be able to run my usual warm temperature.
"Okay..."
The next second we are fighting with snowballs. At first, I'm winning, as usual. But then the next second, she gets faster, the snowballs she is making are perfect, she she keeps aiming them directly at me. We both stop, in amazement.
"Uhh, Sabrina? Have you been like really practicing?"
"No, not one bit." Well, that's weird. How could a weakling like her suddenly get fast and strong when she touches snow and finds it pleasant?
"Oh well, let's keep playing." I wasn't about to let her sudden strength let me stop.
"Sure," she says happily.
But when I picked the next snowball up, it melted! Sabrina picked one up too, to see if it is just melting now, but hers stays fine!
"Uhh, okay? This is weird."
"Yeah." She pauses. "Maybe you have a fever, she suggests. "That could be the reason the snow was cold for you."
She comes over to touch my forehead while I say, "But that doesn't explain why the snow is pleasant for you. Snow isn't pleasant for anyone!"
"Well, I don't know about that, but you definitely have a fever."
"No! It's just because your hands are frozen."
"Savannah-"
"Don't call me that."
"Sav, touch my forehead and see. Is it as cold as yours?"
"Uhh, no, "I say , puzzled.
Oh, good. There is the car. Now I can get home quickly. I suddenly have a horrible hatred for snow, ice, water, basically all those cold things. If I need to know them, I'll just ask Sabrina. Hmm, why has Spencer, our older, and even more of a know it all brother who is 17, come to pick us up? "Spencer, why are you here? Go away." I say.
Spencer doesn't react, but Aqua okay, why did I say Aqua? But Sabrina flashes me a look to keep quiet for now; we can be as mean to him as we want later. "Spencer," Sabrina says, "Sav has a fever."
"Yes she does, not anything else." Spencer says.
Is he acting weird? Whatever. "No! I'm sure I do not have a fever. It doesn't explain why I melted a snowball. Or why the snow is pleasant for Sabrina. Or why Sabrina said today, as she told me, that the French room was hot today."
"Uhh. I'm not sure what to say. Anyway, your weirdo little brother is sitting at home asking for you, Sabrina."
"Sure, just hurry up," she says.
Our little 7 year old brother Sam is weird.Well, I guess he is only 7.
"And Savannah?" Spencer always calls me that. I've given up on stopping him.
"What?" I say sulkily.
"The cat is asking for you," he says as we pull up in the garage.
"Whatever, weirdo," I say as I get out of the car and walk into the house.
"Hey, wait you guys."
"What Spencer?" Sabrina asks as she turns around to look at him. I just keep walking and sulking inside the house and to the pool.
"Uhh, well, I'll be right back, and then I need to have a talk with you and your sister in ten. Where will you be? Never mind, I'll figure out."
"Fine. Sure." Sabrina says. Then she catches up to me. "Spencer wants to talk with us in ten minutes. Where will we be?"
"In the pool." I respond. I was getting happier just thinking about the nice warm pool which-
"What! I can't get in there, and Spencer needs to talk to both of us!"
"Stand at the side then."
"Okay..."

No comments:

Post a Comment